Kené, Institute of Forestry and Environmental Studies, is a Non-Governmental Development Organization created on January 31, 2012 whose aims are:
- The comprehensive scientific and academic research for the sustainable management of natural ecosystems and their conservation, through:
- Environmental management, restoration, bioremediation, natural resources management and environmental services
- The conservation, protection and restoration of natural ecosystems, biodiversity and protected areas, as well as the rational use of natural resources oriented environmental management of natural resources, protection of natural ecosystems, territorial planning education and communication for comprehensive training, humanistic, scientific, academic
- To promote and encourage strategic alliances with public and private institutions in order to build synergies with academic institutions in the framework of respect for the identity, cultural diversity and social values
- To contribute to democracy, governance and social peace
- To promote the recovery, evaluation and dissemination of cultures, customs, values and ways of managing natural resources of the indigenous Peoples of Peru
Peru is recognized as a sustainable, equitative, fair and environmentally responsible country, preserving their forests, their biodiversity and ecosystem services, since the Rights approach, integrated land use planning and integrated land management, governance and transparency.
To contribute to the construction of Peru as a sustainable, equitative, fair and environmentally responsible country, preserving their forests, their biodiversity and ecosystem services, since the Rights approach, integrated land use planning and integrated land management, governance and transparency.
Our institutional objectives are:
- Promote and manage processes that contribute to sustainable human development, as well as to influence on the design and implementation of concerted and participatory policies
- Promote processes of capacity building and empowerment, through the approaches of equity, human rights and protection of vulnerable groups
- Manage and implement projects of research and development that contribute to improving the quality of life of the population in harmony with its environment